Wednesday 10 September 2014

Going home.

Since my last post, it's been confirmed that we are definitely leaving at the end of September and that our time on Principe is done. We are very proud of our little family for having successfully negotiated this adventure on this small island off the West coast of Africa and will take many good lessons and a more robust inner strength and faith with us.

Our tickets are booked and suitcases lying open, as we pack up our house and possesions, collected over the last 19 months. On our minds is the knowledge that Ebola is creeping closer as well as the number of people we will come into contact with over our three days of travel back home. The alcohol hand sanitizers will be in close reach as we bustle our way throught the steamy Luanda airport and board the packed flight destined for South African soil.

As usual, I'm still waiting for a number of documents that will allow me to travel and am trusting God to work out the details so that we can leave on the planned date. The challenges here, have been and are continuous, so "leve leve" I remind myself, just roll with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michele,

    I'm happy I've found your blog on my researches about São Tomé e Príncipe because I want to go there on vacation march/april 2015.
    Would you mind giving me some information and piece of advice about life in STP?
    My mail is - alicesilvareis@gmail.com
    I'm a portuguese teacher. "Celia" is an anagram of Alice.
    Hope to read something from you soon.
    (sorry about some possible mistakes with my english...)
    Alice

    ReplyDelete